As the seasons begin to change, a good, deep seasonal cleaning may just be what you and your home need to get it in tip-top shape.
The Heirloom Rug Wash team has the following seasonal cleaning tips to share with you.
- As you look towards fall and winter, you may be spending more time indoors. To start on the right foot, set to decluttering and organizing your space. Start small – don’t try to attack your entire house at once. Think about clearing one room, or even one closet, at a time.
- When this is complete, sort it out. Go through your space and separate your belongings into categories. Determine the things you will keep on hand, store for later, sell, donate, or throw away.
Seasonal Cleaning Overhaul
Once you’ve cleared out the clutter, give your home some much-needed TLC.
- Empty out your kitchen fridge and thoroughly clean it.
- Sweep under your large appliances, like the stove and the fridge, and larger furniture pieces, like dressers, desks and the beds.
- Clean vinyl or wood blinds and take any curtains or drapes to the cleaners.
- Flip your mattress. Don’t just clean your sheets; wash your pillows and mattress covers as well. Deep clean the bathroom.
- After these more thorough tasks, do your usual scrubbing, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Change or clean your AC or furnace filters regularly. This will help you reduce the amount of dust particles that build up in your home.
- Scheduling annual maintenance on your HVAC system before the seasonal rush is always a great idea.
- Put the spring back in your dirty keyboards with cotton swabs. If certain keys are sticking, or your entire keyboard just doesn’t have the same pop that it used to, chances are dirt and crumbs are the culprits.
- Your smart devices and tablets most likely need a good cleaning too. Remember to spray the disinfectant spray on a micro-fiber cloth or paper towel first and then wipe the unit!
- Clean the inside and outside of all your windows.
- If it’s warm enough, open the windows and let the fresh air in as you freshen up your home.
Carpets, Rugs and Furnishings
Most importantly, have the surfaces in your home like your rugs, carpet, and upholstery professionally cleaned. An expert can remove more dirt and allergens than regular cleaning can achieve. Furthermore, regular care will make them last a lifetime.
For all of your area rug cleaning and repairs in Mitchell, ACT, contact Heirloom Rug Wash today at +61 2 6242 4557 or request service online.
Sources: Cache Valley Family Magazine and Nationwide